Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Ethics and my standpoint



Recently I have participated in discussions about ethics in my PR and Advertising classes, and all this talk about ethics made me think about my own standpoint on ethics.

I would consider myself an ethical person and I think whenever I enter the real world I will stay true to my ethical choices. Here are a few of my standpoints:

-I do want to be successful in my career, but I will not compromise my morals and values to get there. 

-I want to support my future companies products, services, or ideas. For example I will not work for the Tobacco industry or some sort of scandalous or trashy company.

-I really want to enjoy my job, I never want to hate my job, life is too short to wake up miserable everyday.

It is difficult to list out standpoints because so many ethical choices are different case by case...but overall I would more than likely choose the conservative ethical route.

I think my main influences of my ethical standpoints are my faith and my family upbringing. My parents are conservative and have always stressed the importance of having high morals and values to my sister and me. 

It is very interesting to hear all my classmates' different standpoints on ethics. Alhough we all have different views, we all share in the desire to succeed (and to graduate!)

No comments:

Post a Comment