Wednesday, April 8, 2009

New PR Opportunity for me!


Okay disclaimer: this is going to be a short post because this week is hectic, I've got a test thursday and a spanish test friday (spanish is not my favorite at the moment) and then the athletic auction on Saturday! This week is a full planner week, meaning there is no more room in my planner to write anything because all the days are filled up with To-Do lists and assignments!

Enough negative, now positive news... I am going to be doing PR for The Wesley Foundation next semester! What a great opportunity because it combines the ministry and PR, two things I am very interested in. 

Wesley is a campus ministry that meets wednesdays nights at 8. It is filled with worship, encouragement, prayer, fellowship, and a lesson. I started going this year and it has been such a blessing for me to unwind and worship in the middle of the week, plus I have met some amazing students!

The previous director left because he was called elsewhere and there has been am interim director but now we have a new director that is really going to shake things up and be very refreshing for the ministry. I met him and his wife this past weekend and they are so passionate about the ministry and working with college students. I am so excited I willbe part of this process. What a PR dream to be the one responsible the spread the good news about Wesley. I am really hoping my PR skills, new brochures, flyers, newspaper articles and word of mouth will inform GCSU students about Wesley and our numbers will increase!

I think it is so important in college to be involved in a ministry. It is such a great support system and a place to come get spiritually fed, not to mention you get to go on cool retreats.

I am in the process of brain storming ideas of how to publicize Wesley better, and I am open to suggestions! So if you are interested in coming, have any questions or ideas please comment or fell free to Tweet Me!

May you all have a blessed day!

No comments:

Post a Comment