Tuesday, April 21, 2009

The Facebook of PR: PR Open Mic


I recently became a member of PR Open Mic, a social network for PR students, faculty, and practitioners. I don't really know where to begin about this mega PR site, there are blogs, forums, groups, news about PR, jobs and internships, videos and best of all... networking!!!

Take a look at my profile. I included what kind of PR I was interested in hoping that someone who is in the non-profit/ministry field of PR . I am having trouble figuring out how to see my friends list...maybe because I only have 1 friend (thanks tyler!)

It is very similar to Facebook in the sense that you have a profile, friend requests, pictures, groups and events. PR open mic has a multitude on information on happening PR events and news. I found myself spending a while on the homepage reading the news stories and following links. It was really interesting to read about different schools PR events.

My favorite aspect of PR Open Mic is the networking. There are so many people on PR Open Mic, you never know who knows who and someone could one day put in a good word for you. Not to mention I think we could learn a lot from other students who are a couple steps ahead of us, I will always take good advice!

I am still exploring PR Open Mic and I am trying to get the hang of it, but so far I think it is a great social media for us PR people to talk and share PR!

No comments:

Post a Comment