Monday, March 2, 2009

"Left at the Altar" Book Party Sparks a Career Interest!


This Saturday evening I attended a book release party in Atlanta for a dear family friend, Kimberley Kennedy. 

Kimberley wrote a book about her journey of being stood up at her rehearsal dinner the night before her wedding 10 years ago. I think that is every girls nightmare. After years of coping and healing Kimberley decided to write the book and share her experiences with other women and how she found the true love of her life to be Jesus. It is so neat to hear her talk about how she realizes this was God's plan for her to write this book and how passionate she is to share her story with other women.

The book release party was held at the Capital City Club, the place her rehearsal dinner was supposed to be and this was the first time she was able to come back. (how ironic where he left her is where she has her book release party, ha you go girl!) While I was there I did network a little, every chance I have to tell professionals I am a student graduating in a year I take advantage of the opportunity. 

Kimberley works at WSB, where I am hopefully interning this summer and I am really excited about spending time with her and learning from her. She will be such a great mentor. I look up to Kimberley because she is such a beautiful, confident woman of God. 

So this summer I will be sure to share my idea for my new dream job idea with her:

I would love to be her publicist for her book. I could schedule book signings, speaking occasions,  write press releases, create a twitter, blog and any social media page, and just do anything I can to get the name of the book out there. 
As many of you know I really want to be involved in a women's ministry and this is would a perfect mix of the ministry and Public Relations.

Obviously this is really far fetched, but it is always nice to dream! I'll keep you all updated if my dream job works out! I encourage you all (especially my PR girls) to order the book off amazon, I just ordered 3 copies to share! here is her website, take a look!

1 comment:

  1. That is awesome Lauren! I hope it works out because there is nothing wrong with dreaming!

    ReplyDelete