Monday, January 26, 2009

Twitterology

 I am officially a Twitter Junkie. (thanks to you Dr. Carter Miller for introducing me to this wonderful  distraction!) 

I am really catching on now to the whole Twitter concept, at first I was real confused with the whole @ sign deal. It is so easy to get on real quick and check your @ replies and see what everyone is doing and catch up on news. Now that I have so many new friends/ organizations I am following there are constantly new updates.

For my future career I really feel called into Women's ministry. I would love to plan women's conferences or events, be a guest speaker, and most of all just serve the Lord while doing it. Since that is my interest I have specifically searched for ministry or non-profit organizations to follow. So far I have found some really cool sites like @theholybible they post daily bible verses, what an encouragement to log on and see a bible verse waiting on you.
@CharityTweets is a cool site that has updates on different charities. 

Recently I had a couple people who are involved in different ministries start following me because I had joined so many different Christian based/ Charity sites. What a cool way of networking. I am still a little skeptical of following random people, call me over cautious but I am just not that bold on Twitter yet. Right now I have been following more organizations and friends of other friends. Maybe my Twitter confidence will start to grow.

I have been telling my non-P.R friends about it and they just don't get it, I suppose us P.R people really appreciate another mean of networking!  I have more to learn like how to design my own cool background and jazz it up, but now I am focusing on following more people. I love it that our P.R Admin class is on there, what a cool way to communicate and keep up with everyone.

Well tomorrow is a full day of classes, so I must be fully rested.
 Until then, keep tweeting fellow tweeters!

Lauren


1 comment:

  1. Lauren!
    I was really confused with the @ sign at first too, but now I feel like an expert! Twitter is really growing on me!

    ReplyDelete