Monday, February 16, 2009

my sample platter internship....hopefully!


I am in the process of applying for my internship for this summer. I getting my packet together, with recommendations, transcripts, and resume and feel like I am applying for a real job.

The Internship I am applying for is at WSB-TV in Atlanta. I really like the way this internship is set up because it requires at least 25 hours a week, 2 intern newscast, and the weekly assignments of script and desk duties, but after you finish your assigned tasks you can follow anyone in the station. I am excited about getting a taste of everything like P.R, advertising, reporters, anchors, marketing, event planning and etc. Considering I am not 100% sure what I want to do for a living this internship is great for me because it is like a sampler platter of jobs in mass communication.

I am hopeful first off that I am going to get this internship and hopeful that secondly that I will learn a lot about what I find most interesting and if this mass media thing is really for me. 

Here is the website for more information incase you are interested in interning with me this summer, the application is due March 1st FYI.

 As a Mass Communication student I am really glad an internship is required to graduate because I think an internship is just as important as taking classes, in fact I would say that the real world experience teaches you more than any book can.  

The one downfall of the internship is it pays $25 a week, but I suppose you can't put a price on knowledge and experience. One day that will pay off.   

When I was on Twitter today, I noticed how many internships are posted. There are so many opportunities for us college students to go out there and soak up real world experience!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Lauren- i know its kinda random i found your blog (twitter) , but where did you see posted interships on twitter?

    ReplyDelete